As an NCAA Division III conference, the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) commits itself to sportsmanship by demonstrating respect toward itself and others. This includes demonstrating fair play, taking responsibility for its actions and representing the spirit of Division III intercollegiate athletics. We encourage our teammates, opponents, fans, coaches and referees to help us in promoting this philosophy.
- NECC is committed to excellence as manifested in an atmosphere of sportsmanship and fair play.
- Sportsmanship is about demonstrating respect for opposing teams, coaches and fans, as well as officials.
- Competition and sportsmanship are not mutually exclusive… they are compatible and complimentary goals.
- Sportsmanship is everyone’s responsibility.
Fan Code of Conduct Statement
The NCAA and NECC member institutions promote good sportsmanship by student athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Profanity, racial or sexist comments or other intimidating actions directed at officials, student athletes, coaches or team representatives will not be tolerated - as well as public intoxication, the consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products - are grounds for removal from the site of competition and other disciplinary actions.
- Cheer for your team, not against the visitors
- Don’t personalize your comments regarding players, coaches and officials
- No profanity, vulgarity, racist or sexist comments